Whatever your opinions on the dominance on business practices of Britain’s largest Supermarket, few in the business world could deny the impact and successes of their retiring CEO Sir Terry Leahy.
The figures make impressive reading, so worth mapping out a few of the achievements made by the business under his management;
· Delivered shareholder return of 414%
· Share price risen by almost 250%
· Annual sales increase 350%
· Operating profits grow from £774m to £3.4bn
· 30% Market share (second place occupies 16%)
· 1 in every 7 pounds spent in UK retailers goes to Tesco
Phenomenal figures worth celebrating, we wait with interest to see what Sir Terry does next.